This session was a discussion of the scope of the revision of 'Shelter After Disaster - Guidelines for Assistance' (D1 in the Shelter Centre programme), which will be undertaken by UN/OCHA and Shelter Centre 2006 - 2008.
Shelter Meeting participant organisations constitute the primary audience for the guidelines. Wider representation at the Meeting is sought from Southern stakeholders and IFIs.
Summarised below is the scope for the revised 'Shelter After Disaster - Guidelines for Assistance', as proposed by the participants of Shelter Meeting 05b. This scope will be reviewed and revised by the working group and at later Shelter Meetings.
- What should the guidelines be used for?
- The guidelines should support response from disaster until return to pre-disaster state (minus vulnerability).
- Who should the guidelines be for?
- The guidelines should be intended for all stakeholders to work together (including in coordination, strategic planning, and implementation planning).
- How operational do you want the guidelines to be?
- A3. The guidelines should be field guidelines, supporting implementation.