Before the war started, the village of Kotorsko located north of Doboj had 1100 houses. Apparently it was the largest Bosniak village in Doboj municipality. During the war the village was badly affected and the majority of houses were at least partially damaged. Displaced Bosnian Serbian settlers who were very resistant to Bosniak return occupied about 200 habitable houses. UNHCR estimated at that time that at least 800 households wish to return immediately to Kotorsko. After intensive efforts by the International Community the area was opened for Bosniak return.